Nikolina is a visual artist from Zagreb, Croatia. She works in various techniques, such as photo collage, oils and acrylics.
Nikolina feels a profound fascination with human behavior: with her works she searches to underline the psychological and social aspects of our identity and effects that endless soul searching has on our lives.
In her metaphorical presentations, from multiple personalities, dreamlike landscapes to strange and dark characters, creatures and environments, she uses the observation of inner conflicts and questions that arise from them, as a dreamy and vivid example to show complex human emotions and drives as well as her subjective personal experience of the world.
Nikolina's work has been shown in numerous international exhibitions and several art projects.
Her work is included in the largest exhibition of contemporary surrealism art in the world "International Surrealism Now" and is also represented in the prestige "Lexikon phantastischer Künstlerinnen" by Gerhard Habarta.
"Flying fish, strange animals and characters, giants fruit, monstrous creatures, worlds after apocalypse...although these worlds may seem strange and unreachable, for me they are symbolic representations of my hope and dreams, of people around me, their urges and desires, of new revelations and repeating disappointments, of life in general with its rises and downfalls."
Some of my visions are expressed through photo collages based on my own photography. I have been collecting photographs for over a decade. It is a long process of combining carefully selected photography fragments and illustrated parts, which are then transferred to computer and further digitally painted.
• 2018 International Surrealism Now, Coimbra, Portugal
• 2018 Through art ~ resist and recover, Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, US
• 2018 Fiarte IX, Calle San Ramón, Churriana de la Vega, Spain
• 2018 Bookill Fest, Novi Sad, Serbia
• 2017 Poros Museum, International Surrealism Now, Condeixa Nova, Portugal
• 2017 Pamali Festival, Pamarte, Passo San Boldo, Italy
• 2017 Circle Seven, Callas Bremen, Germany
• 2017 Kombinart, No? Muzeja, Square of Sabac Victims, Sabac, Serbia
• 2017 Surrealism Moscow, Zagreb, Lisbon, Coimbra, Museum House of Fernando Namora, Condeixa-a-Nova, Portugal
• 2017 'Real - Surreal - Unreal' / Villa Berberich, Bad Säckingen / Germany
• 2017 Münchner Science & Fiction Festival, Munich, Germany
• 2017 Feria internacional del arte de Granada / Centro Municipal de Cultura / (España)
• 2017 Reality we live in, Square of Sabac victims, Sabac, Serbia
• 2017 BookiLL fest, Novosadski Sajam, Novi Sad, Serbia
• 2016 Surrealism Zagreb, Paris, Lisbon, Coimbra - Coimbra, Portugal
• 2016 Zagreb photography salon, museum of city Sibenik, Sibenik, Croatia
• 2016 Zagreb photography salon, museum Mimara, Zagreb, Croatia
• 2016 Phototek, Esbjerg, Denmark
• 2016 Citylab, Bremen, Germany
• 2016 'Balance', Callas Bremen, Germany
• 2016 International surrealism Now, Espaço Partícula, Coimbra, Portugal
• 2016 "Crossover", Art Central Bremen, Germany
• 2015 "Mixed up" Flora Expo Center, Burgas, Bulgaria
• 2015 "Circle Seven" Callas Bremen, Germany