Cesar Santos (b. 1982), Cuban-American.
His art education is worldly, and his work has been seen around the globe, from the Annigoni Museum in Italy and the Beijing museum in China to Chelsea NY.
Santos studied at Miami Dade College, where he earned his associate in arts degree in 2003. He then attended the New World School of the Arts before traveling to Florence, Italy. In 2006, he completed the Angel Academy of Art in Florence studying under Michael John Angel, a student of artist Pietro Annigoni.
Santos' work reflects both classical and modern interpretations juxtaposed within one painting. His influences range from the Renaissance to the masters of the nineteenth century to Contemporary Art. With superb technique, he infuses a harmony between the natural and the conceptual to create works that are provocative and dramatic.
Among Santos' solo shows are "Syncretism" at Eleanor Ettinger Chelsea Gallery in New York; "Beyond Realism" with Oxenberg Fine Arts in Miami and "New Impressions" at the Greenhouse Gallery in San Antonio, among many others.
The artist has received numerous accolades, including first place in a Metropolitan Museum of Art competition, and he was recently presented with the 2013 Miami Dade College Hall of Fame Award in Visual Arts. His work has been exhibited throughout the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia, including the Villa Bardini Museum in Florence and the National Gallery in Costa Rica.
• 2013 THE ARTIST'S ACCOMPLICE, Jan 24th - Feb 23rd , Oxenberg Fine Arts, Miami, FL.
• 2011 PAISAJES y RETRATOS, Dec 6th - 20th, National Gallery, San Jose, Costa Rica.
• 2011 SYNCRETISM, Oct 27th - Nov 26th, Eleanor Ettinger Chelsea, New York, NY.
• 2011 BEYOND REALISM, Apr 7th - 9th, Oxenberg Fine Arts, Miami, FL.
• 2010 NEW IMPRESSIONS, Mar 5th - 29th, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX.
• 2008 FAREWELL, Apr 30th - Jun 29th, Cernuda Arte, Coral Gables, FL.
• 2007 BALLERINAS, Aug 31st - Sept 15th, Tower Theater, Miami, FL.
• 2013 ART WYNWOOD, Feb 14th - 18th, The Art Miami Pavilion, Miami, FL.
• 2013 INCOGNITO, Jan 31st, Naples Museum of Art, Naples, FL.
• 2013 LA FINE ART SHOW, Jan 23rd - 27th, LA Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA.
• 2012 WORLD OF ART SHOWCASE, Dec 20th - 22nd, Wynn Las Vegas, NV.
• 2012 FAN FOREVER, Sept 20th - Nov 2nd, MDC Museum of Art and Design, Miami, FL.
• 2012 CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN REALISM, Sept 15th - Nov 4th, Beijing World Art Museum, Beijing, China.
• 2012 AMERICAN FIGURATIVE, Jun 1st - Jul 8th, Albemarle Gallery, London,UK.
• 2012 NUDE, Mar 30th - Apr 28th, Albemarle Gallery, London, UK.
• 2012 THE FIGURE IN AMERICAN ART: fifteenth annual exhibition, Feb 9th- Mar 31st, Eleanor Ettinger Gallery, New York, NY.
• 2012 ART PALM BEACH, Jan 20th - 23rd, Palm Beach County Convention Center, Palm Beach, FL.
• 2011 ACOPAL Members Show, Dec 18th - Feb 27th, The Butler Institute of American Art, Youngstown, Ohio.
• 2011 INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION, Nov 28th - Jan 27th, Nina Torres Fine Arts, Miami, FL.
• 2011 SALON INTERNATIONAL, Apr 2nd - 22nd, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, TX.
• 2010 CHAMPIONS OF REALISM, Dec 2nd - Jan 4th, Wendt Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA.
• 2010 MAS ALLA DEL REALISMO, Nov 18th - Dec 3rd, Galeria Arte Libre, Zaragoza, Spain.
• 2010 RED DOT, Nov 30th- Dec 4th, Cavalier Galleries, Wynwood Art District, FL.
• 2010 GREAT AMERICAN FIGURATIVE, Nov 20th, Waterhouse Gallery, Santa Barbara, NY.
• 2010 ARTHAMPTONS, Jul 9th - 11th, Sayre Park, Bridgehampton, NY.
• 2010 ANNIGONI'S LEGACY, May 13th - 30th, Villa Bardini, Florence, Italy.
• 2010 ARTE AMÉRICAS, The Latin American Art Fair, Mar 26th - 29th, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL.
• 2010 ART & ANTIQUE SHOW, Feb 13th - 16th, Cavalier Galleries, Palm Beach, FL.
• 2010 REVIVING REALISM, Contemporary Masters of the Classical Tradition, Jan 22nd - Feb 7th, Cavalier Galleries, Greenwich, Connecticut.
• 2009 ABSTRACTOMICINA, Nov 30th - Jan 30th, Cremata Gallery, Miami, FL,
• 2009 SALON INTERNATIONAL 2009, Apr 10th - 30th, Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art, San Antonio, TX.
• 2009 ARTE AMÉRICAS, The Latin American Art Fair, Mar 26th – 29th, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL.
• 2008 ARTE AMÉRICAS, The Latin American Art Fair, Mar 22nd – 25th,Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL.
• 2008 LA FABBRICA DEI SOGNI, Jan 19th - Feb 17 th, Casa del Mantegna, Mantova, Italy.
• 2007 INTERNATIONAL CARIBBEAN ART FAIR, Nov, Puck Building, New York,NY.
• 2007 ArtDC, Jun 1st –3 rd, Washington Convention Center, DC.
• 2007 CIRCA, Mar 30 th - Apr 2 nd, Puerto Rico Convention Center, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
• 2007 ARTE AMÉRICAS, The Latin American Art Fair, March, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL.
• 2007 ART OFF THE MAIN, Oct, New York, NY.
• 2007 ART MIAMI, January 5th- 8th, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL.
• 2006 SPRING SHOW, Galleria di San Niccolò, Florence, Italy. Curated by Jered Woznicki.
• 2006 FLORENCIMIENTO, Apr 26th, Uffizi Center, Florence, Italy. Organized by Lina Martinez.
• 2005 ANNUAL EXHIBITION, Angel Academy Of Art, Florence, Italy. Curated by Master Michael John Angel.